« NetNewsWire 2.0 Released! | Main | Your E-mail Suddenly FIlled with German Hate Messages? Here's Why »

Teenager's iPod goes boom - Breaking - Technology - theage.com.au

Teenager's iPod goes boom - Breaking - Technology - theage.com.au:
Don't put your iPod through the washing machine. And if for some reason you do, don't try to fix it with a screwdriver.

That's the advice of fire investigators probing a small explosion that burned a hole in the bed of a Melbourne teenager who tried to perform emergency surgery on his ailing mp3 player.

The boy was treated by paramedics at his Bayswater home for breathing difficulties after ingesting fumes emitted by the device as he pulled it apart in his suburban bedroom about 7.30pm on Wednesday.

Country Fire Authority spokesman Peter Philp said the leaky iPod had been taken away for testing by CFA investigators.